Press Trip Request - Online Media & Blogger Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in Orlando. While Visit Orlando would love to assist every online journalist and blogger with suggested itineraries and facilitate visits to the attractions, cultural venues and other points of interest, the enormity of requests in proportion to our staff makes this impossible.
Because of the worldwide appeal of the destination, we receive hundreds of emails and calls from media and bloggers requesting assistance with their story and trip needs. To help us help you, we ask your cooperation in following these guidelines:
- Provide a minimum of three business weeks notice for a visit.
- Complete and email back the attached trip familiarization request form.
- Provide third party documentation of traffic data (Technorati, Nielsen, Sitemeter, Feedburner, etc.)
- Provide a link to recent examples of travel or travel-related feature online or blog coverage.
E-mail items to the Public Relations Department at media@VisitOrlando.com.
We also ask that you:
- Notify Visit Orlando of a change in plans immediately.
- Forward a link of your published story following the trip.
Visit Orlando is unable to provide airfare or ground transportation (a list of companies offering rental car discounts can be provided upon request). Other requests are carefully reviewed and may be presented to area attractions and hotels for their considerations. Complimentary or media rate arrangements may be provided by these entities, but are done so the discretion of the host businesses and are subject to availability. Black-out periods may also be in place throughout the year.
Please understand that our primary concern is assisting the online media member or blogger. Host locations are not always able to accommodate spouses, children and accompanying visitors.
Again, thank you for your interest in the Orlando area. We look forward to assisting you in your research.