Press Trip Request - Journalist Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in Orlando. While Visit Orlando would love to assist every journalist with suggested itineraries and facilitate visits to the attractions, cultural venues and other points of interest, the enormity of requests in proportion to our staff makes this impossible.
Because of the worldwide appeal of the destination, we receive hundreds of emails and calls from media requesting assistance with their story and trip needs. To help us help you, we ask your cooperation in following these guidelines:
- Provide a minimum of three business weeks notice for a visit.
- Complete and e-mail or fax back the attached media trip familiarization request form.
- Include a letter of assignment on letterhead from the media outlet you are representing.
- Freelance writers, please forward documentation of recent examples of travel or travel-related feature coverage. Documentation can be in the form of print clippings with your byline, links to web articles with byline or DVD sample of coverage you have previously produced.
E-mail or fax items to the Public Relations Department at media@VisitOrlando.com or 407-370-5002.
We also ask that you:
- Notify Visit Orlando of a change in plans immediately.
- Forward an original copy of your published feature, link to story or DVD as well as air dates.
Visit Orlando is unable to provide airfare or ground transportation (a list of companies offering rental car discounts can be provided upon request). Other requests are carefully reviewed and may be presented to area attractions and hotels for their considerations. Complimentary or media rate arrangements may be provided by these entities, but are done so the discretion of the host businesses and are subject to availability. Black-out periods may also be in place throughout the year.
Please understand that our primary concern is assisting the journalist. Host locations are not always able to accommodate spouses, children and accompanying visitors.
Again, thank you for your interest in the Orlando area. We look forward to assisting you in your research.