Orlando Torna-Se O Primeiro Destino A Ultrapassar 60 Milhões De Visitantes, Trazendo Um Novo Recorde Para O Setor De Turismo Dos Eua
São Paulo, 9 de abril de 2015 - Visit Orlando, o órgão de turismo oficial da cidade de Orlando, EUA, anuncia hoje o balanço de visitantes em 2014. Mais de 62 milhões de turistas estiveram em Orlando no ano passado, número que marca um novo recorde para a indústria de turismo dos EUA e solidifica a cidade como a mais visitada do país. As visitas cresceram mais de 5% em comparação a 2013, com pessoas de todos os lugares do mundo experimentando o que há de novo no destino, que está em constante expansão.
"Essa marca histórica é a mais recente prova da liderança de Orlando no setor de turismo", destaca o presidente e CEO de Visit Orlando, George Aguel. "É um reconhecimento ao compromisso firme e contínuo investimento feito pelo nosso setor turístico. Agradecemos aos nossos visitantes e também aos esforços da equipe de vendas e do marketing global de Visit Orlando".
Com recorde de 32 milhões de diárias vendidas nos hotéis de Orlando no ano passado, resultando em uma arrecadação de impostos de US$ 200 milhões, o Condado de Orange, região que abriga o distrito turístico da Florida Central, atingiu pela primeira vez esse marco.
"O impacto para o turismo na nossa comunidade é notável e, de fato, esse setor é o maior gerador de empregos e o que mais contribui com a economia da região", afirma a prefeita do Condado de Orange, Teresa Jacobs. "Além de proporcionar momentos de prazer e diversão para visitantes e famílias do mundo todo, a nossa indústria de hospitalidade e viagens ajuda a melhorar a qualidade de vida dos moradores de Orlando, proporcionando espaços como o nosso novo centro de artes e espectáculos, além de marcantes locais esportivos."
Para atender às necessidades do número crescente de visitantes, o Condado de Orange tem feito investimentos em infraestrutura, incluindo uma importante expansão e reforma do Orange County Convention Center, local nacionalmente conhecido nos EUA.
"Passar a marca de 60 milhões de visitantes anuais é uma conquista significativa para Orlando e para setor de viagens dos EUA, que gera US$ 2,1 trilhões para a economia do país a cada ano", comenta o presidente e CEO da U.S. Travel Association, Roger Dow. "Graças à parceria estreita entre os membros do mercado de turismo de Orlando e uma forte liderança por parte de funcionários públicos e Visit Orlando, este destino popular conhecido em todo o mundo está bem posicionado para continuar batendo recordes no setor de viagens."
Em 2014, o Walt Disney World Resort inaugurou uma nova área, a New Fantasyland, e The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley no Universal Orlando Resort também foi aberto. Assim, os visitantes que curtirão Orlando neste ano poderão experimentar em primeira mão essa expansão e também outras novidades, como o I-Drive 360, apresentando um trio de atrações do grupo Merlin Entertainments, assim como a transformação da região de Downtown Disney em Disney Springs.
Nos últimos anos, a experiência em Orlando também se tornou mais diversificada, atraindo uma gama cada vez maior de visitantes. Os apreciadores da gastronomia encontram agradáveis e sofisticadas surpresas culinárias no local, reconhecido por três anos consecutivos com mais indicações de chef ao título "Best of the South", da prestigiada instituição James Beard Foundation, do que qualquer outra cidade da Flórida. Viajantes de luxo são atraídos para o serviço do Four Seasons Resort Orlando, de 5 estrelas, que abriu há seis meses, bem como o Ritz-Carlton Orlando e Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
Os visitantes também estão descobrindo novos locais para apreciarem artes e assistirem a torneios esportivos profissionais, como o Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts e o estádio da Major League Soccer, com previsão de abertura em 2016 na região de Downtown Orlando.
Sobre Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando é o órgão de turismo oficial da cidade de Orlando, o destino mais visitado dos Estados Unidos, com representação em mais de doze países ao redor do mundo. Visit Orlando, juntamente com seus 1.200 membros, representa a principal instituição do setor de turismo do destino.
Orlando Becomes First Destination To Surpass 60 Million Visitors, Sets New Record For U.S. Tourism
ORLANDO, Fla., (April 9, 2015) - Visit Orlando, the destination's official tourism association, today announced that more than 62 million people visited Orlando in 2014. The announcement marks a new all-time record for the U.S. travel industry, solidifying Orlando's position as the most visited destination in the nation. Visitation grew five percent from 2013 as visitors from around the world came to experience all that is new across the ever-expanding destination.
"This historic milestone is the latest testament to Orlando's leadership in tourism," said Visit Orlando President and CEO George Aguel. "It's a tribute to the steadfast commitment and continued investment by our tourism community, the special brand of service that greets our visitors and the global marketing and sales efforts of our Visit Orlando team and member companies."
A record 32 million room nights were sold in Orlando in 2014, resulting in bed tax collections topping $200 million for the first time in Orange County, Fla., home to the Central Florida tourism district.
"The impact of tourism on our community is remarkable, and in fact, the travel and tourism industry is the largest generator of jobs and economic impact for our region," said Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs. "In addition to delighting visitors and families from around the world, our travel and hospitality industry helps to support a great quality of life for Orlando's residents, including our amazing new performing arts center and outstanding sports venues."
To meet the needs of a growing number of visitors, Orange County has made investments in infrastructure, including investing in an important expansion and renovation of the nationally recognized Orange County Convention Center.
"Passing the 60 million annual visitors mark is a significant achievement for Orlando and the U.S. travel industry that generates $2.1 trillion for the U.S. economy each year," said U.S. Travel Association President and CEO Roger Dow. "Thanks to the close partnership among members of Orlando's tourism community and strong leadership by public officials and Visit Orlando, this popular destination known around the world is well positioned to continue setting records in tourism."
In 2014, Walt Disney World Resort completed New Fantasyland, and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando Resort opened. Visitors to Orlando in 2015 will experience the first full year of these exciting expansions that opened in 2014 and be the first to see several new attractions, including I-Drive 360, featuring a trio of new attractions from Merlin Entertainments, as well as a multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney into Disney Springs.
In recent years, the Orlando experience has also become more diverse, attracting an increasingly wide range of visitors. Foodies find a surprisingly sophisticated culinary destination, recognized with more "Best of the South" chef nominations by the prestigious James Beard Foundation than any city in Florida for three straight years. Luxury travelers are drawn to the five-star service at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando that opened six months ago, as well as the Ritz-Carlton Orlando and Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
Visitors are also discovering exciting new venues in which to enjoy the arts and professional sports, like the Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts and the Major League Soccer stadium coming to Downtown Orlando in 2016.
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is the official tourism association for the most visited destination in the United States, with representation in more than a dozen countries around the world. Visit Orlando, together with its 1,200 member organizations, represents the area's leading industry.
Tras superar los 60 millones de visitantes, Orlando establece un nuevo record para la industria turí
Orlando, Florida, (9 de abril de 2015) - . Visit Orlando, la asociación oficial de Turismo del destino, ha anunciado hoy que más de 62 millones de personas visitaron Orlando en 2014. La noticia marca un nuevo récord histórico para la industria de viajes de Estados Unidos, solidificando la posición de Orlando como el destino más visitado del país.
"Este hito histórico es el último testimonio del liderazgo de Orlando en el turismo ", dijo el presidente y CEO de Visit Orlando George Aguel. "Es un homenaje al compromiso firme, la marca especial de servicio que da la bienvenida a nuestros visitantes y la comercialización mundial y los esfuerzos de ventas de nuestro equipo y miembros de Visit Orlando."
Con un récord de 32 millones de cuartos noche en 2014, superó los $200 millones recaudados del impuesto hotelero para el Condado de Orange, Fla., donde se encuentra el distrito turístico de la Florida Central.
"El impacto del turismo en nuestra comunidad es notable, incluso, la industria de los viajes y el turismo es el principal generador de empleo e impacto económico de nuestra región", dijo la alcaldesa del condado Orange, Teresa Jacobs. "Además de deleitar a los visitantes y las familias de todo el mundo con nuestras increíbles atracciones, la industria de viajes y de hospitalidad permite una mejor calidad de vida para los residentes de Orlando."
Para satisfacer las necesidades de los visitantes, El Condado de Orange ha realizado un gran número de inversiones en infraestructura, incluyendo la inversión en la expansión y renovación del centro de convenciones Orange County.
"Los 60 millones de visitantes anuales es un logro significativo para Orlando y la industria de viajes de Estados Unidos, que genera $ 2.1 billones de dólares para la economía nacional año tras año", dijo el Presidente y CEO de la Asociación de Viajes de Estados Unidos, Roger Dow. "Gracias a la estrecha colaboración entre los miembros de la industria turística de Orlando y un fuerte liderazgo por parte de funcionarios públicos y de Visit Orlando, este popular destino conocido en todo el mundo está bien posicionada para continuar estableciendo récords en el turismo."
En el 2014, Walt Disney World Resort completó la nueva atracción Fantasyland, y The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley, en Universal Orlando Resorts. Los visitantes a Orlando en 2015 experimentarán el primer año completo de estas emocionantes expansiones que abrieron en 2014 y será el primero en disfrutar las novedades incluyendo I-Drive 360, que ofrece tres espectaculares atracciones, así como una transformación del Downtown Disney a Disney Springs.
En los últimos años, la experiencia en Orlando se ha vuelto más diversa, atrayendo a un número cada vez mayor de visitantes. Un destino donde la gastronomía es sorprendentemente sofisticada y reconocida como la mejor comida del sur. Durante tres años consecutivos sus chefs han recibido nominaciones por la prestigiosa Fundación James Beard.
Los viajeros que disfrutan del lujo, se sienten atraídos por el servicio de cinco estrellas en el Four Seasons Resort Orlando que abrió hace seis meses, así como el Ritz-Carlton Orlando y Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
Los visitantes también están descubriendo nuevos y emocionantes lugares en los que pueden disfrutar el arte y los deportes profesionales, como el Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts y el estadio de la Liga Mayor de Fútbol en el Downtown Orlando que abrirá sus puertas en el 2016.
Acerca de Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando es la asociación oficial de turismo para el destino más visitado de los Estados Unidos, con representación en más de 12 países de todo el mundo. Visit Orlando, junto con sus 1.200 miembros, representan el destino líder en la industria.
ORLANDO, Fla., (March 23, 2015) - Visit Orlando and the Orange County Convention Center today announced that GRAPH EXPO, slated for Sept. 25-28, 2016, will take place in Orlando for the first time ever.
GRAPH EXPO is recognized as the year's most innovative and comprehensive exhibition of technologies, equipment, products, and services for the commercial, package printing and converting, display, in-plant, transactional, publishing, mailing, photo-imaging, marketing and industrial printing industries. This is the first time in the show's 40-year history that it will take place in Orlando.
"We are delighted to be bringing GRAPH EXPO to Orlando in 2016," said Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC) President Ralph Nappi. "Not only did Visit Orlando and the Orange County Convention Center superbly represent just how ideal a destination Orlando would be for our show's date and size requirements, they also convinced us with the momentum behind Orlando's booming tourism community that it represents an exceptional overall show visitor and exhibitor experience."
The four-day GRAPH EXPO 16 print technology manufacturing show is expected to draw nearly 25,000 attendees to Orlando in September, and promises to generate approximately $40 million of economic impact across Orlando.
"Orlando is recognized among the top three convention markets in the United States, based on its modern convention center and dynamic tourism community that is best known for its hospitality and guest service," said Visit Orlando President and CEO George Aguel. "We are excited to welcome GRAPH EXPO visitors and exhibitors to Orlando for the first time. They will see that our wide variety of resort hotels, the increased investment in our convention center and airport, and the great reputation we now have for award-winning dining and exciting nightlife make Orlando more competitive than ever as a host city for major exhibitions, conventions and conferences."
"The capital improvements we've been making at the convention center will deliver a truly exceptional experience for GRAPH EXPO exhibitors and attendees," said Kathie Canning, executive director, Orange County Convention Center. "We look forward to welcoming GRAPH EXPO 16 to the ‘Center of Hospitality' next September."
The Orange County Convention Center has been recognized as the No. 1 convention center in the United States and has expanded five times in its 30-year history.
GRAPH EXPO 16 will bring to Orlando the latest graphic communications technologies for print, online and mobile in live equipment demonstrations across the exhibition floor, plus education on the most in-demand products and newest profit-making opportunities. For more information about GRAPH EXPO, visit www.graphexpo.com.
Orlando Chefs Named Semifinalists for 2015 James Beard Awards
Orlando Leads Florida in Nominees
ORLANDO, Fla., (Feb. 19, 2015) - For the third consecutive year, Orlando captured the most nominations of any Florida city for the prestigious James Beard Foundation's 2015 Restaurant and Chef Award Semifinalists. Five Orlando chefs were named semifinalists in the "Best Chefs in the South" category: The nominees are:
• Kathleen Blake, The Rusty Spoon
• Scott Hunnel, Victoria & Albert's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
• James and Julie Petrakis, The Ravenous Pig
• Hari Pulapaka, Cress
This announcement arrives on the heels of several prominent culinary accolades for the destination, including Wine Enthusiast naming Orlando one of the "10 Best Wine Travel Destinations for 2015" and The New York Times highlighting Orlando's "surprising food scene" as a reason to choose Orlando as one of the "52 Places to Go in 2015".
"Orlando's passionate community of chefs are serving locally sourced, creative and memorable dining experiences that together with our world-class attractions make Orlando an increasingly appealing destination," said Visit Orlando President & CEO George Aguel.
With an intriguing lineup of both original and world-famous restaurants set to open this year, Orlando is poised to expand even further as a culinary destination in 2015. This year marks the transition of Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney into Disney Springs. Morimoto Asia, created by Chef Masaharu Morimoto of Iron Chef America fame and STK Orlando are among the new restaurants planned for Disney Springs. A new original venue, The Whiskey, will open along Restaurant Row in the middle of Orlando's tourism district. Along with gourmet burgers and craft cocktails, the restaurant will present "food fights," where local chefs will pit recipe against recipe.
Although it may surprise some new visitors to hear of Orlando's flourishing food scene, locals and traveling foodies are no stranger to the epicurean delights crafted by the city's veteran chefs.
About Orlando's James Beard Award Semifinalists:
• Kathleen Blake started cooking in her grandmother's kitchen growing up in Iowa. She attended the Community College of San Francisco's Apprenticeship Program, which landed her at Square One Restaurant. A Women Chef & Restaurateurs Scholarship Award brought her to Washington, DC as the chef de cuisine at the heralded Restaurant Nora. After meeting and becoming friends with Melissa Kelly, she moved to Orlando to become Melissa's chef de cuisine at Primo at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes. In 2011 she opened the Rusty Spoon, a gastropub in downtown Orlando.
• Victoria & Albert's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Lake Buena Vista, FL and its chef, Scott Hunnel, have long been synonymous with fine dining at Walt Disney World Resort. For the past 15 years in a row, the restaurant has been the recipient of the AAA Five Diamond Award, among many other honors. The restaurant offers six-course prixe fixe meals of Modern American cuisine using ingredients sourced from products around the world, with a focus on local markets and seaports in Florida.
• Graduates of the Culinary Institute of America, Julie and James Petrakis opened their American gastropub, The Ravenous Pig, in 2007 and have been receiving accolades ever since. The Pig has been so successful that the couple opened a sister restaurant, Cask & Larder, in Winter Park in September of 2012. The restaurant is a micro pub with Southern artisanal food and hand-crafted beer. Continuing to expand upon their celebrated culinary empire, the pair will open Swine & Sons Provisions, their third Winter Park locale, this spring, specializing in takeout charcuterie; butcher sandwiches; homemade pastry offerings and more.
• Chef Hari Pulapaka and his wife, Jenneffer, are modern day Superheroes. By day, Hari is a mathematics professor at Stetson University. By night, he turns out award-winning fare at Cress Restaurant. Hari first came to the U.S. from Mumbai to earn his graduate degree in mathematics and later got his culinary degree. Cress was named a Top Restaurant in Central Florida in the 2013 Zagat Orlando Guide. His wife and restaurant co-owner, Jenneffer, is a podiatric surgeon and manages the restaurant.
ORLANDO, Fla. - Visit Orlando, the official tourism association for the most visited destination in the U.S, and its theme park partners, Disney World Resorts Florida; SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment; Universal Orlando Resort; along ticket provider Attraction World, will hit the road in March for the destination's first-ever UK roadshow delivering a robust schedule of training events to agents across the country.
The Orlando Roadshow will take place over eight days in March. Each session will provide a comprehensive look at new developments in Orlando including what's new at Orlando's theme parks, shopping, dining and ticket options. The action-packed sessions will not only arm agents with the tools they need to better sell Orlando, but sixteen lucky agents will walk away with a trip to Orlando through a confirmed spot on the annual Orlando SuperFam.
Due to limited capacity, agents are encouraged to secure their place now by emailing their name and venue of interest to OrlandoRoadshow@publicasity.co.uk.
Custard Factory, Birmingham - 9th March 2015
Arnolfini Centre for Contemporary Arts, Bristol - 10th March 2015
Sofitel London Gatwick - 11th March 2015
Essex County Cricket Club, Chelmsford - 12th March 2015
The Lighthouse, Glasgow - 23rd March 2015
Baltic Centre for Contemporary Arts, Newcastle - 24th March 2015
Lambert's Yard, Leeds - 25th March 2015
The Studio, Manchester - 26th March 2015
* Each event starts at 18:30 and will end at 21:00
More information on specific resources for travel professionals, including collateral, sales aids and the Orlando Travel Academy online training tool can be found on Visit Orlando's travel trade site, VisitOrlando.com/trade.
NOTE TO EDITOR:
ABOUT VISIT ORLANDO
Visit Orlando is the official tourism association for the most visited destination in the United States, with representation in more than a dozen countries around the world. Visit Orlando, together with its 1,200 member organisations, represent the area's leading industry.
Editor's Note: For additional press information in multiple languages or high-resolution downloadable images, please visit VisitOrlando.com/media.
Orlando Named No. 1 Hot Spot for 2015
Visit Orlando Spotlights 15 New Openings In The Coming Year
ORLANDO, Fla. - According to Priceline.com, Orlando is the No. 1 "hot spot" for travelers in 2015. After a multi-year surge of blockbuster expansions at Orlando's world-class theme parks, Orlando's retail, dining and entertainment scene is following suit in 2015. Visit Orlando, the destination's official tourism association, uncovered 15 new openings 2015 travelers will be among the first to experience:
In the heart of Orlando's tourism corridor, International Drive will see significant development in 2015 with the addition of several retail, dining and entertainment venues.
1. I-Drive 360, a new entertainment complex, will open a trio of new attractions by Merlin Entertainments. At the heart of the complex, The Orlando Eye is a 400-foot-tall (12.92-meter) observation wheel providing breathtaking views of Central Florida in all directions within fully enclosed, air-conditioned glass capsules. Madame Tussauds, the world's most famous celebrity wax attraction, offers visitors the ultimate fame experience with its signature red carpet treatment. SEA LIFE Orlando delivers a new wave of underwater adventures with beautiful displays of colorful fish, sharks, jellyfish, sea horses and more, that turn the traditional aquarium observation on its head. The Yardhouse, Tin Roof and more retail, restaurants and entertainment yet to be announced, will add to the experience.
2. Orlando welcomes one of South Beach's hottest dance clubs with the addition of Mango's Tropical Café. With 55,000 square feet (5,109 square meters) of entertainment space, the Orlando location is a massive restaurant and nightlife destination offering high-energy entertainment for a wide variety of tastes. Guests will enjoy Salsa, Bachatta, Reggae and Pop performances with Floribbean Cuisine and tropical cocktails.
3. Escapology Orlando brings a new kind of entertainment to Orlando with its first U.S. location. The attraction challenges guests to be their own heroes in a thrilling game of adventure and mystery. Teams of up to six players are locked in a themed room with just 60 minutes to combine clues, solve puzzles and discover the key to escape.
4. Nearby International Drive, The Florida Mall takes coloring to a new level with the opening of Crayola Experience. The 70,000-square-foot (6,503-square-meter) attraction will offer 25 hands-on activities.
5. The list of dining and entertainment options unique to Orlando continues to grow with the addition of The Whiskey on Sand Lake Road, welcoming lovers of gourmet burgers, craft cocktails and rock ‘n roll fun. With over 100 brands of whiskey for the thirsty connoisseur, the venue will also host live entertainment, from musical guests to head-to-head "food fights," where local chefs will pit recipe against recipe.
6. Walt Disney World Resort is transforming Downtown Disney into Disney Springs doubling the number of shops, restaurants and other venues. The new area will open in phases starting in 2015 and include, Morimoto Asia, a one-of-a-kind dining experience created by Chef Masaharu Morimoto, of Iron Chef America fame. For the master chef's first pan-Asian dining experience, Morimoto Asia's extraordinary, 36-foot (11-meter) tall, two-story layout includes a vast range of areas to explore including open terraces, a grand hall, private rooms, long bar, cocktail lounge, waterside seating and more.
7. The BOATHOUSE is an upscale, waterfront dining restaurant at Disney Springs that will immerse guests with experiences beyond the cuisine. Guests can listen to live music or take a romantic Captain's guided tour aboard The Venezia, a beautifully crafted 40-foot (12-meter) wooden Italian Water Taxi featuring champagne toasts and chocolate-covered strawberries. The BOATHOUSE will be showcased in an expansive restaurant with three distinctive bars, one built over the water. Guests will enjoy a gourmet menu served daily until 2 a.m. featuring steaks, chops, fresh seafood and a raw bar.
8. STK Orlando blends two concepts into one-the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. Unique features include a live DJ, high-energy atmosphere and a sleek environment designed to encourage guests to interact and mingle. STK Orlando boasts the only rooftop dining venue in Disney Springs.
9. LEGOLAND Florida Resort will open a new land called Heartlake City, set to welcome guests this summer. The expansion will include a horse-themed disc coaster called Mia's Riding Adventure, an interactive show titled ‘Friends to the Rescue' and new shops inside the Heartlake Mall.
10. SeaWorld Orlando will debut an all-new show, Clyde & Seamore's Sea Lion High, a hilarious tale, filled with amazing animal behaviors and splashy audience fun. The comedic sea lion duo will be joined by mischievous otters, a 2,300 lb. (1043 kg) walrus and a cast of goofy human characters.
11. The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts delivers a stellar lineup of 2015 entertainment for its inaugural season: Broadway productions including Disney's Newsies, Motown the Musical, Pippin and Disney's Beauty and the Beast; big-name musicians John Mellancamp, Jason Mraz and Idina Menzel; and comedians Jerry Seinfeld, Jay Leno and Bill Maher will complement an ongoing Jazz Roots series and Orlando Ballet season.
12. Orlando City Soccer Club is Major League Soccer's newest expansion team set to debut in 2015 with global soccer icon, Kaká. The Orlando City Soccer Club will kick-off their first MLS season at the newly rebuilt Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium. After a $207 million reconstruction, sports fans will enjoy an all-new lower bowl with more legroom, improved broadband and Wi-Fi coverage and expanded concession with healthy and gluten-free options.
13. An influx of restaurants will join new downtown Orlando venues in 2015, including: Two Chefs Seafood, featuring comfort food and seafood from former chefs of Emeril's Orlando and The Palm Restaurant; and North Quarter Tavern, a chef-driven neighborhood tavern by the team behind downtown Orlando's power-lunch staple, Citrus Restaurant.
14. Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will feature 20 Bungalows on Seven Seas Lagoon and 360 Deluxe Studios. The Bungalows will be the first of this type of accommodation at Disney, sleep up to eight guests, and feature a plunge pool with views of fireworks over Magic Kingdom Park. The first phase is scheduled to open in 2015. The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel is getting a $125 million, multi-phased, multi-story upgrade.
15. The JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes will welcome new restaurant concept based on the resort's 13,000-square-foot (1,208-square-meter) farm. Whisper Creek Farm: The Kitchen, will serve up farm-fresh food and signature craft beer.
Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month Sets All-New Record Raising $111,604 to Benefit Foundation for Foster Children
Additional information about Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month, including a complete list of restaurants that participated, is available at www.OrlandoMagicalDining.com.
奥兰多， 佛罗里达-奥兰多用它的温暖如春的天气， 在主题公园中现在正式开启一年之中最神奇的时节， 新的特殊节日活动和激情四射的现场表演， 或者更多富有创意的并且令人难忘的节日庆典活动。 随着150个主题公园和整个目的地的节日主题活动， 游客们可以在奥兰多的折扣中心， 商场和特别的精品店找到你心仪的完美礼物。
华特迪士尼度假区Walt Disney World Resort
选择夜晚11月7日 - 1月4日
• 在新年， 在迪士尼的神奇王国， 冰雪奇缘的Elsa公主将用她惊人的力量把灰姑娘城堡变成一座冰雪之城 - 整座建筑将会沐浴在20万个闪耀着的白色灯光下， 营造出晶莹剔透的冰雪王国景象。在米奇的圣诞狂欢派对中， "冰雪奇缘"的主题将一直延续下去， 米奇的圣诞大游行也会有冰雪元素出现。
• 在迪士尼的好莱坞影城， 客人们可以在"冰雪奇缘"庆典活动， 奥斯本家族舞蹈节目中一起哼唱"冰雪奇缘"主题歌。
• 在艾波考特，烛光游行是华特迪士尼度假区的传统项目， 由名人明星讲述一个个圣诞节的故事给观众们听， 并由50个人组成的管弦乐队和唱诗班演奏背景音乐。
环球影城度假区Universal Orlando Resort
选择夜晚12月6日 - 1月3日
• 在佛罗里达环球影城， 梅西大游行将充斥整个街道， 就像在纽约举办的梅西百货感恩节大游行一样， 在环球影城也将出现巨大的气球。 克洛伊小丑"Balloonicle"也将伴随小汽车漫步在环球影城的街道上。
• 在环球影城的冒险岛， 家庭游客们可以在苏斯的童话世界与变相怪杰一起庆祝圣诞。 客人们可以聆听苏斯博士诉说圣诞节的经典故事。
选择夜晚11月22日 - 12月31日
• 在海洋世界的圣诞庆典中， 一波波的精彩活动即将袭来。 在这个寒冷的， 水汪汪的奇妙的地方，任何年龄段的游客都将会享受来自自然世界的神奇表演， 搭乘极地特快体验神奇的北极之旅， 并且在海洋世界最新的景点企鹅王国中和顽皮企鹅一起欢笑。
• 在圣诞节家庭欢乐行中， 客人们可以和孩子们一起享受海洋世界圣诞庆典中最喜欢的景点。 主要有：和企鹅打招呼碰面， 在 埃尔默圣诞祝福中预留位置， 并且可以在圣诞老人的炉边盛宴中享受美食。
佛罗里达乐高乐园LEGOLAND Florida Resort
• 在佛罗里达的乐高乐园， 家庭们将获得与乐高圣诞老人合影留念的机会。
• 由27万块绿色乐高和得宝砖搭成的超过30英尺高的乐高圣诞树将会矗立在乐园中， 这将成为家庭合影留念的最佳之地。
• Leu的假日屋在11月17日至1月5日间邀请奥兰多当地最棒的室内设计师为了即将到来的假期重新装饰， 焕然一新。 客人们可以在种满古橡树， 山茶花和巨大的樟脑树的花园中闲庭信步。
• 在奥兰多美术博物馆在11月15日至23日期间将举办The Festival of Trees， 它以"星梦泪痕"为主题， 展示了各种被装饰过的树木， 花环和姜饼屋， 游客们也可以进行选购。
• ICE! At Gaylord Palms, 由40个富有经验的工匠雕刻而成的获奖景点， 将在11月14日至1月4日为游客们呈现出重达200万磅的手工冰雕， 包括Frosty the Snowman, 四个冰片和一个现场的冰雕站。
奥兰多或许以它的令人兴奋的主题乐园而被人熟知， 但是城市中的购物商场， 折扣中心和精品店让游客们找到他们购物的梦想之地。 游客们可以在黑色星期五（11月28日）抵达奥兰多进行疯狂购物， 在这里你将用最优惠的价格找到你的假期礼物。
• 美年广场提供超过150家高级品牌店包括Neiman Marcus, St. Laurent Paris, Prada, Tiffany & Co. 和Cartier.
• 佛罗里达购物中心是当地最大的购物商场， 里面有将近250个品牌商店包括Coach, MAC Cosmetics 和其他有趣的店诸如 Build-A-Bear, M&M 和 Polaroid FOTOBAR.
• 奥兰多折扣中心在奥兰多有2家世界顶级的折扣中心。 两家都有超过150家的品牌折扣店并为客户每天节省将近25%至65%的价格。
了解奥兰多度假更多信息， 订购一个包含综合度假指南的美吉卡或者打折景点票的免费度假策划工具， 游客们可以在奥兰多官方网站VisitOrlando.com登入注册或者拨打度假咨询师的电话1-800-551-0181（美国和加拿大）或者407-363-5872。 想了解及时更新的最新信息， 请关注我们的Twitter twitter.com/VisitOrlando或者Facebook facebook.com/VisitOrlando 在奥兰多， 游客可以去游客中心咨询。
Warm-Weathered Orlando Makes 2015 the Year for Hockey Fans to Travel to CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic
ORLANDO, Fla. - Ice, sun and fun collide in Orlando for the ultimate matchup as the Orlando Solar Bears face off against a team of ECHL All-Stars during the 2015 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic presented by Visit Orlando. This annual midseason showcase features a lineup of the league's star players and offers hockey fans a one-of-a-kind Orlando getaway complete with warm weather, world-famous attractions and a week of family-friendly hockey activities.
The week-long schedule of events culminates with the big game taking place Jan. 21, 2015, at downtown Orlando's Amway Center, highlights include:
• Jan. 20 - ECHL All-Star FanFest
The ECHL All-Star Fan Fest will take place in downtown Orlando with player appearances, interactive games, prizes, giveaways, auctions and memorabilia. A Hockey Hall of Fame exhibit will be displayed and recording artist Madeline Smith will perform.
• Jan. 21 - ECHL All-Star Game Day
The day's events include the All-Star Open Practice at Amway Center and a pre-game block party outside the Amway Center. The 2015 All-Star Classic starts at 7 p.m. Select ECHL Skills competitions will be held during intermission and will be incorporated into the evening's events. Recording artist Madeline Smith will perform. Purchase tickets for the 2015 ECHL All-Star Classic at VisitOrlando.com/allstar.
In addition to the All-Star Classic events, Orlando's thriving downtown district offers guests unique entertainment, dining and nightlife. Those looking to enjoy a night out will find trendy nightclubs, intimate lounges and music venues, while those seeking a delicious dining experience can savor world-class culinary creations or chow down on local favorites. All of the excitement is located within walking distance of the Amway Center, a world-class entertainment arena which features comfortable guest amenities and an ultimate capacity of more than 20,000 seats.
New to downtown Orlando is the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, a state-of-the-art performing arts center and home to a wide range of performances in theater, dance, popular music and family entertainment. . The Dr. Phillips Center will showcase the talent of comedian Jerry Seinfeld on Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015, the weekend before the 2015 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic. Purchase tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld perform at DrPhillipsCenter.org
Beyond downtown Orlando, the theme park capital of the world offers exciting and unforgettable experiences for every visitor.
• Walt Disney World Resort has doubled the size of Fantasyland and opened the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a family-friendly coaster which takes guests on a wild journey through the mine "where a million diamonds shine."
• Universal Orlando Resort has expanded on the popularity of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with Diagon Alley, a new themed area featuring shops, dining and a new thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. Guests are able to travel between London's King's Cross Station and Hogsmeade Station aboard the Hogwarts Express.
• SeaWorld Orlando recently opened Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, which takes guests on an exciting journey through the dangers and wondrous beauty of the Antarctic and ends with a face-to-face encounter with a colony of penguins.
Visit Orlando is an official seller of Orlando attractions tickets. Purchase tickets through the online store at VisitOrlando.com/store or visit the Official Visitor Center located on International Drive.
Editor's Note: For additional press information or high-resolution downloadable images,
please visit VisitOrlando.com/Media